Hey everyone – I hope all of you are having a great week and are staying warm as we approach Thanksgiving (poor Tom!) and the gift giving holidays!
I am working on kind of a personal and strange release. It’s a collection of some of the music I listen to when I am working on the post-production and doing research for Walnut GroveCast, VHS Rewind, Mixtape Rewind, and the soon to be relaunched RetroTV and ForgottenLI .
I created an entire episode this past summer but felt it was narcissistic to release it and promptly erased the hours of work. I casually mentioned the idea to a fellow podcaster who loved the idea so much that he somehow convinced me to recreate the now deleted episode. The link here is to a higher quality version that will not be publicly released – personally, I can’t wait to listen to this in the car but hey, I’m biased 🙂
Although I listen to a lot of genre’s of music, I find what what works best for me when writing, researching and creating is what my wife has lovingly dubbed as, “Sad Bastard Music”. and yes, I listen to a lot of female bands…. I hope you guys like it.
Time – 45:36
- American civil war music: Abe’s Retreat
- Camera Obscura: French Navy
- Beabadoobee: I Wish I Was Stephen Malkmus
- Phoebe Bridgers: Motion Sickness
- Soccer Mommy: Cool
- Alvvays: In Undertow (live)
- Matt Berninger: Walking on a String (feat. Phoebe Bridgers)
- Songs: Ohia – Farewell Transmission
- Snail Mail: Pristine
- Wilco: Dawned on Me (live)
- Mates of State: What I Could Stand For